The kitchen sink is used more in the kitchen beside the stove. The sink can add drama and flair to any kitchen design. Also, since a quality sink will last 30 years or more, choosing a kitchen sink should be important when remodeling.
Around the same time, porcelain enamel was being used for kitchen sinks. The enamel was fired over a cast iron sink. People were urged to maintain the white color of the porcelain so that dirt and debris would be more clearly visible on the white surface. Modern kitchen sinks are made from a variety of materials.
While you may want to think about the color and style of your new sink, it’s also important to think about how you’ll be using your kitchen sink to determine what type of sink is best for your needs. For people who like to wash dishes by hand, you can choose a kitchen sink with two or even three bowls. It may be fine if you always use the dishwasher.
When choosing a new kitchen sink, it’s important to consider durability and strength. There are various styles of kitchen sinks today, from modern to rustic, in a wide range of materials, colors, and shapes.
Consider the different types of kitchen sinks
- Stainless steel is a popular choice for homeowners. The material is perfect for a modern kitchen with clear lines.
- Nickel and copper: Metal sinks can be beautiful, but they can also be more expensive. Currently, copper is considered very popular. Copper does not require maintenance if it is a pure copper sink.
- Enamel porcelain versus cast iron: It is another popular material for kitchen sinks due to its durability and wide range of qualities, styles, and colors. The surface of such a kitchen sink is made of frosted glass, melted, and applied by hot melting.
Types of kitchen sink installation that can be used
- Under-counter: The under-counter kitchen sink is fixed under the counter-top. The kitchen sink setup can create a soft look that matches the modern design.
- One piece: the sink and the countertop are made of the same material here. Therefore, there are no noticeable manifestations on the surface. Considered easy to care for.
- With automatic rim: The kitchen sink has a rolled rim attached to the countertop. This type of sink will look good with any kitchen design, from traditional to modern.
- Rim-mounted: Rim-mounted kitchen sinks are the most common and least expensive type of kitchen sink. It can have many uses, but it doesn’t add much style to the kitchen.
Consider the style of your home. When choosing a kitchen sink, you should consider how it will fit in with the style of your new kitchen. For example, a large deep porcelain enamel kitchen sink would look good in a rustic style.