Keywords: wall stickers for home, modern wall stickers
Are you tired of staring at the plain white walls of your apartment? Do you wish to spruce up your space but don’t have the time or money to do a costly makeover? If yes, then we have the perfect solution by checking out https://www.swissinterior.com.sg/blog/design-ideas-comfy-comfortable and it will add real oomph to your living space without causing a dent in your pocket. We are talking about wall stickers or decals, as they are popularly referred to as these days.
Wall decals are not a new discovery but they are finally having their moment in 2022 and we are here for it. Wall decals are a great way to breathe life into a dull space and the best part is that you don’t need to be an expert to put them on the walls by yourself. Keep reading to know everything about them before you go shopping for wall stickers for home.
Why use wall stickers?
- Unlike in the case of wall paints and wallpaper, they don’t require commitment and are easy to peel off whenever you are over them or decide to move out from your rented apartment.
- They are versatile. You can use them to not only decorate your walls but also furniture, windows, appliances and other décor elements in your space.
- If used correctly, you can manipulate your space and make it appear larger with the help of modern wall stickers.
- They are a great alternative for renters who want to hang artwork on their walls but don’t have the liberty to drill a hole in the wall.
- Wall stickers are a great way to distract attention from awkward nooks and ugly air vents in the house.
- You can make it a fun DIY project with your loved ones and even involve your kids to decorate their rooms.
How to pick the perfect wall decal for your house?
- Keep in mind your décor theme
Before you purchase wall stickers for home, you must look around your house and pay attention to the theme you have chosen for your house and its décor pieces. Choose wall decals that will look cohesive with this theme and will complement it.
- Pick accent colours from the décor
A sure shot way to make sure that your decals match your wall colours and the décor elements is to pick accent colours from your walls, rugs, linens and furniture and then buy decals that fall in those colour palettes.
- Don’t go overboard
Keep it simple and minimalistic. Pick wall stickers for home with simple patterns as you don’t want them to make your space look cluttered. A pro tip is to avoid using more than three wall decals in a room.
- Clean the surface
Many people overlook this step thinking it doesn’t matter. However, if you want your wall decals to stick properly and last longer, then it is crucial that you thoroughly wipe the surface and let it dry completely before sticking wall stickers on them.
- Choose the right size
While large decals are great for larger spaces like your living room or your dining space, a smaller pattern would look better in your kitchen or your home office. Keep in mind the size of the room before you decide on the size of the decals. Don’t hesitate to cut a larger decal and customise it accordingly to your requirement.
- Keep in mind the functionality of the space
When picking wall decals for your house, keep in mind the room’s function and the mood you are aiming to create. While floral and botanical motifs are great for bedrooms and living areas, mystical or cartoon themed wall decals are great for your kids’ rooms.
Wall decals are a great way to add drama and character to your space and make it look stylish, fun and lively. Head to the Asian websites to get your hands on modern wall stickers that will instantly make your house look chic and that too on a shoestring budget!